September 2007 Update
As the fall semester and training season gets underway, we want to give you an update on the continually-expanding collection of conflict resolution and peacebuilding-related resources available through CRInfo and its partner project, Beyond Intractability.
Your continuing support makes CRInfo possible. Contributions can be made online to our account with the University of Colorado Foundation through our financial support page.
And, thanks to everyone who contributed to our successful spring fundraising campaign.
In addition to continued expansion of our core collection of resources (which are summarized at the end of this e-mail), we would like to let you know about several new CRInfo and Beyond Intractability programs.
Our affordable, new CETR Systems overcome the limitations inherent in Beyond Intractability's free, general reference format. CETR creates easy-to-understand materials focused on helping clients and their constituents overcome their unique conflict challenges. If you work with an organization that provides or needs to provide conflict resolution training to large numbers of people, we would enjoy an opportunity to explore potential partnerships based on our CETR technologies. -- More Info
Our Conflict Frontiers project starts by recognizing that destructive and potentially catastrophic intractable conflict represents as serious a threat to human welfare as global warming, and that it deserves (but is not receiving) the same level of attention. If you want to help encourage efforts to address this problem, please join and/or help support this project. -- More Info
Stop Fighting is a new online tutorial designed to serve the very practical needs of people involved in serious relationship conflicts. Users work through a seven-step tutorial which helps them identify and evaluate options for dealing with different aspects of their conflict. -- Go to Stop Fighting
Our continually-expanding collection of educational resources offers students an extensive array of research materials as well as online, for-credit and not-for-credit, college-level courses. These and other materials also provide support for teachers and trainers. -- Courses -- Teaching Materials
CRInfo Core Resources
For users who know what they are looking for:
- Search: Simple and advanced searching of CRInfo database materials.
- Special Searches: Customized searches of organizations and websites external to the CRInfo resource databases.
For users who would appreciate a few suggestions:
For users who are looking for instructor guidance:
For instructors looking for teaching materials:
- New, Easier-to-Understand Homepage clearly listing the types of information available and the many options for accessing the information.
- Conflict News System, now dramatically improved with continually-updated news stories on more than 70 conflict-related topics from fifteen English-language newspapers from around the world. Also available through the system are downloadable audio and often-revealing editorial and opinion pages.
- Continually-Updated Listings of materials from major print and Web-based publishers of conflict documents are continually "crawled" by our servers so that we can pick up new publications much more quickly than we could previously. We also use this system to expand our coverage into adjacent, conflict-related fields. (If you are an online publisher of conflict-related information, please let us know so that we can be sure to include you in the system.)